Software Engineer I
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Product Marketing team is looking for an intern to help us build a strategic plan for increasing app adoption and engagement. This intern will research, propose, test and launch new tactics for driving app installs and app orders. As a Product Marketing intern, you’ll gain exposure to all facets of Marketing (brand, partnerships, creative, etc) and and work cross-functionally with Product, Product Design and Engineering teams.
We are looking for Software Engineers to help us dramatically expand and improve our set of products while simultaneously supporting a massive increase in the capacity of our systems. We have been extremely picky about assembling a team of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing products. We work in an agile manner and believe strongly that small cross-functional teams empowered to make decisions and move fast are the best way to do so. This is an unbeatable opportunity for developers who hope to work on and deliver world class software in a friendly, fun, and innovative environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
- You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Strong track record of strong academic performance (3.0 or higher cumulative GPA)
- Solid foundation in software programming in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C, C++, Ruby, Scala, C#, Objective C
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.