Software Engineer II (Eligibility) at Rally Health
Join Rally Health as a Software Engineer II where you will work on projects and code that impacts the entire company and insurance companies that Rally partners with. You will work on the Core Eligibility team who owns the front door to all Rally products and is the first stop in a user's healthcare experience. They build a platform that provides product authorizations for the entire Rally ecosystem. You will report to an Engineering Manager. We recognize that people come from a diverse set of backgrounds and skills and we welcome all that apply.You Will:
- Develop reliable and scalable backend code in Scala
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
- Provide shared services to all products in the Rally ecosystem.
- Build a cohesive foundational platform for other teams to integrate on top of to provide a precise experience to users as they move across their healthcare journey.
- Work on projects and code that impacts the entire company and insurance companies that Rally partners with.
- Deliver complex features motivated by Rally's mission and business goals.
- 2+ years experience with Command of Scala, Java or C#
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment.
- Experienced with production debugging and to track down causes and fix them in systematic ways.
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry is a bonus.
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Passion and a deep interest in software engineering.
- Knowledge of computing concepts including API design, creating, fault tolerance, available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to better bring our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.