Software Engineer II at SilkRoad Technology
The Software Engineer II is part of a team responsible for the development of SilkRoad Technology products and services. As part of the Development team, the Software Engineer II will be involved in design, coding, unit testing, and code review of SilkRoad services and applications. We will consider candidates in most locations but a preference is for one of our office locations: Chicago, Boston, Jacksonville, FL, Winston-Salem, NC.
Your contributions to SilkRoad will include:
- Owning a functional area.
- Breaking large stories down into sub-tasks, giving higher-level status updates.
- Writing test plans.
- Taking operational responsibility.
- Setting measurable goals and meeting them.
- Reviewing code changes.
- Helping mentor new hires.
- Proficient with cloud software development and agile development practices.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms.
- Experience with a variety of technology areas.
- Ability to work independently between periodic check-ins.
- Estimates timelines effectively; identifies and communicates roadblocks in timely manner; takes operational excellence seriously.
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing commercial software preferably in a cloud environment.
- Experience with Microsoft stack (C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET) preferable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience.