$100,000 - $130,000 a year
React/Vue: 3 years (Preferred)
Python, Ruby, or Node: 3 years (Preferred)
UNIX environment: 2 years (Preferred)
Postgres or MySQL: 2 years (Preferred)
AWS or Azure: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Role: Software Engineer II
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports To: CTO
CareAdvisors is a technology company helping patients get access to healthcare and the social service benefits they need by automating the manual enrollment burden taken on by hospitals.
Our innovative platform empowers care navigators and social workers with a search and communication platform that’s connected to our vast network. We use the data gathered across our network to power our automated analytics engine. Join us in connecting people to the care they need!
About the Role:
You have multiple years of solving challenging problems in small teams and now, you want to extend your range of skills to include building and managing cloud infrastructure. You are comfortable navigating an entire web tech stack and want to lead and grow a team of engineers. You will work with our head of technology, product team, and data science team, in assessing technical feasibility of features, and you will contribute new ideas to our product roadmap. You understand that technology is the backbone of our product and mission and you want to contribute to business decisions that are influenced by your technical expertise.
- Located in the Chicagoland area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field); or 5+ years of experience working in a software development/engineering role
- 3 - 5 years of experience building web applications
- Experience with React or Vue
- Experience with Python, Ruby, or NodeJS
- Experience working in a UNIX environment
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres or MySQL
- You want to build an engineering team and provide mentorship
- You enjoy working in a small team & collaborating with members in different roles and skills
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experience working in healthcare and have a strong understanding of how healthcare works in the US
- You have a strong interest in achieving health equity
Some Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with container services such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with TypeScript
At Care Advisors we value diversity and endeavor to treat everyone with respect, no matter their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual, cultural or ideological preferences.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, CareAdvisors has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding, and daily operations. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and we will return to an office environment once it is deemed safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the Centers for Disease Control.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
See note in job ad.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- building web apps: 3 years (Preferred)
- React/Vue: 3 years (Preferred)
- Python, Ruby, or Node: 3 years (Preferred)
- UNIX environment: 2 years (Preferred)
- Postgres or MySQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- AWS or Azure: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Relocation Assistance Provided:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: H-1B work authorization
- Yes: Other non-immigrant work authorization (e.g. L-1, TN, E-3, O-1, etc.)
- Yes: Immigrant visa sponsorship (e.g., green card sponsorship)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
1 day ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.