The Software Engineer II is part of a team responsible for the development of SilkRoad products and services. As part of the Development team, the Software Engineer II will be involved in design, coding, unit testing, code review, and automating build/deployment of SilkRoad services and applications.
Your contributions to SilkRoad will include:
- Owning a functional area.
- Breaking large stories down into sub-tasks, giving higher-level status updates.
- Writing test plans.
- Taking operational responsibility.
- Setting measurable goals and meeting them.
- Reviewing code changes.
- Helping mentor new hires.
- Automating build and deployment pipelines.
- Proficient with cloud software development and agile development practices.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms.
- Experience with a variety of technology areas.
- Ability to work independently between periodic check-ins.
- Estimates timelines effectively; identifies and communicates roadblocks in timely manner; takes operational excellence seriously.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing commercial software preferably in a cloud environment.
- Experience with ColdFusion, modern Microsoft stack (C#, SQL Server, .NET Core), UI frameworks (React, material-ui) preferable.
- Experience with Git and Git workflows a plus.
- Experience developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines using modern tools such as Jenkins and Octopus preferable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience.