Software Engineer II at Grubhub
More About the Role
We are looking for Engineers to join our team and help us continue to take our diner experience to the next level. Our team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing products. Within Grubhub, you will be directly involved with building new features to benefit our diners.
Innovation, research, architecture, authentic fun, and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that is changing the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- The Diner Loyalty Engineering team is responsible for building the Diner Loyalty features on the Grubhub App. To that end, we endeavor to provide the right offer to the right diner at the right time. We are continuously evolving and extending our platform by being KPI and data-driven. We build features at large scale that are observable and autonomous. This way we deliver the best-in-class Loyalty benefits to our Diners by giving them most value as they order on our platform.
- Work cross functionally with designers, product owners, and other engineers to design, implement, and test features which help to drive the business forward.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we'll need your help to do that.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Experience working closely with multiple teams from product, design, and other engineering teams
- A history of building software with teams-you enjoy brainstorming solutions and communicating technical ideas and issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- An understanding of best practices for networking, and UI development
- Experience and a good understanding of app performance and debugging techniques
- Strong computer science fundamentals from a college degree in Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent experience
Got These, Even Better
- e-Commerce experience.
- Experience building and/or working with reusable frameworks
- Attends or organizes local developer Meetups
- 1+ years of practical experience in React Web product development
- typescript experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
"Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected] .