Software Engineer II
As a Software Engineer you’ll make highly visible enhancements to our platform by maintaining and building new features across our applications. You’ll have the ownership and autonomy to continuously deliver code in an agile team that adds maximum value to our customers.
This is a position that will tackle some of our most difficult challenges scaling an ecommerce marketplace. You’ll work with business stakeholders to define and implement features that improve efficiency across the organization. You’ll challenge yourself and the team to bring new solutions to the table and continuously improve.
Our marketplace continues to expand with our applications handling more requests each month. If you are highly proficient in architecting modern web applications and passionate about translating innovative ideas into quickly released code, this position is for you.
- Contribute to a cross functional Agile development team
- Actively participate in the design, development, and implementation of solutions for Vivid Seats
- Identify development bottlenecks, improve automation, and leverage open source technology to deploy quality code, faster
- Understand business and technical priorities to release tested, high quality, working software
- Work closely with Product, QA, and Design teams to prototype creative solutions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years experience developing Web based, Distributed and Multi-Tier architecture using Java/J2EE or other major platforms
- Strong knowledge of Spring, REST, APIs, and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience unit and integration testing
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Proficient in SQL, with knowledge of NoSQL and real-time data pipelines
- Experience with Linux and Open Source Tools
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
What We Offer: Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, substantial individual and team-based bonus opportunities, and a variety of workplace perks. Specifically, staff has access to discounted event tickets, frequent in-office catered meals, monthly happy hours, team outings, free in-building gym memberships, subsidized healthy meal and snack programs, and summer sports leagues. Standard benefits are also offered including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible hours and paid time off, and transit plan discounts.
Vivid Seats is an equal opportunity employer. Vivid Seats prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.