Software Engineer II
What to Expect
- Teams (or “Pods”) are made up of Engineering, Product, and Design. These functions work very closely with tight feedback loops to deliver features.
- You will participate in product and feature building alongside the rest of the team. Working and pairing with other devs to deploy features to production. You'll participate in planning and estimating sprints.
- While we recognize we all have our strengths and bring different experiences to the table, we view ourselves as full stack engineers. This means that we shouldn't be afraid to pick up the next ticket, and if it is something you don't have as much experience with, a great opportunity to pair!
- We take mentoring seriously. We want to maintain a culture of learning, and bring talented developers onto the team with a growth mindset. We want to make sure that you continually grow as a developer (and hopefully a person too). We will commit to giving you all the tools you need to be successful, all you have to do is commit to coming in, taking on the challenge, and growing with us.
Key Traits and Behaviors
- These key traits are tied directly to our core values, and encompass your role of consistently delivering value to our customers while being a good teammate.
- Customer Value: Strong advocate for customer value in both technical and design. Able to initiate and communicate ideas that will serve our customers.
- Technical Skills: Great programmer. Able to communicate clearly on technical topics. Understands how trade offs can affect product and architecture decisions.
- Code Quality: Leaves code in substantially better shape than before. Provides thorough, constructive and timely feedback on PRs.
- Impact: Capable of taking lead on small to medium projects independently. Is highly accountable to individual and team commitments.
- Growth Mindset: Actively seeks out opportunities for growth, both with self and with team.
- Culture: Contributes positively to the culture of Home Chef in your own way. Actively seeks out waysto improve inclusiveness for all team members.
- Team: Actively participates in team discussions and seeks positive outcomes for team. Outwardly takes the attitude of "How can I help?"
Our Interview Process
- Diversity of thought is very important to our teams. We have a 3 step process: We focus first on the candidate as a person. Technical abilities are covered last. And we pay you for your time during our technical interview. We’re looking at your experience, your and our needs, and what you will contribute to our culture. We believe this is the best way to create well rounded, diverse teams.
Diversity of Thought Stats
- Engineers: 25 Engineers across 4 Product Teams
- 7 Software Engineer I, 9 Software Engineer II, 5 Sr Engineers, 4 Management
- 40% of Engineering are Women (10 of 25)
- 43% of all Product teams (including Engineering, Product and Design roles) are Women (14 of 32)
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
- Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees
- Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge
- Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits
- Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day
- Casual dress