Software Engineer II
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and innovative. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and enjoy being around other techie, outgoing individuals then check out the details below and apply now.
General Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Development and support of all products including the VelocityEHS website and customer Intranet applications.
- Development and support of internal applications to assist sales order management and customer support processes.
- Participate in weekly project meetings and contribute to the establishing priorities, timelines, and requirements for said projects.
- Assist the CFO in assuring ongoing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
Success will be measured against your abilities to perform against the following:
- Ability to create realistic time lines for projects and whether your deliverables are completed within time projections and consistent with the provided requirements.
- Ability to exhibit an understanding of the VelocityEHS customer needs, the VelocityEHS business needs and show the ability to balance the priorities of the two even when they conflict.
- Degree to which you are flexible and willing to adjust priorities and projects if needs dictate.
- Ability to communicate issues or problems in a timely manner.
- How you involve others in your decision making process where appropriate. Conversely your ability to make decisions on your own when the input of others is not needed or is redundant.
- Ability to test your own code prior to hand-off to other departments.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years web development experience
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with specific direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with business unit stakeholders of varying technical ability when required by project objectives
- Attention to Detail, Strong teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines and goals
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of C#.Net, ASP.NET MVC
- Android/iOS development a plus
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.