Software Engineer III: Platform at LogicGate
Software Engineer III: Platform
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk, and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We secured $24.75M in Series B Financing in December 2019 to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020
Oh, and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it. You’ll have the chance to participate in things like company-led charity involvement, monthly employee events, and regular remote Friday happy hours—plus a lot more.
Sound interesting? We’re just getting started.
What you’d achieve:
- Develop the platform’s core API and associated services
- Help optimize backend solutions for speed, reliability, and scalability
- Investigate and implement new technology to keep the stack current
- Write tests to facilitate an efficient development cycle and prevent the occurrence of bugs
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our codebase and processes via thoughtful refactoring, iteration, and experimentation
The value you’d bring:
- You want to invest in the growth of your fellow team members and are eager to share your knowledge while continuing to learn from others
- You have proven object-oriented design skills and expertise with the JVM
- You’re well versed in the software development cycle
- You’re passionate about building creative, scalable solutions to complex problems
- You’re looking for an environment where you will have the autonomy you need to do your best work
What We Use:
- Back: Spring Boot, Java, Kotlin
- Front: TypeScript, Angular, Webpack, Sass
- Data: Neo4j, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Test: JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Selenium
- Ops: AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Hashicorp, Docker
- Work: Jira, Slack, Gitlab, G Suite
What we have to offer:
- Time Off
- 18 Days PTO + 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- 6 physical/mental health days (sick days)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Work Environment
- Modern office with standing desks (featured in ChicagoInno’s Office Envy Series)
- Weekly catered lunch + kitchen stocked with coffee, seltzer, and snacks
- Flexible hours and Work From Home options
- Personal Space/Mother’s Room
- Flex Rewards
- Monthly funds on Zestful debit card to be leveraged by the employee (cell phone, streaming services, child care, dog walker)
- Partial ownership of the company through stock options
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, but it’s also predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!