Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We're presently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. We’ve built our platform on top of AWS and strive to automate every manual process we can. We are a quickly growing team working on scaling our infrastructure while following best practices and taking the approach of documenting our infrastructure as code.
We are currently in transition from a monolithic Rails app with a few peripheral services to a multi-service environment with Docker and AWS at the core. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer who can continue to improve and automate our infrastructure while developing tools and standards, as well as helping respond to production issues.
- Build tools to simplify and speed development on Reverb’s infrastructure
- Make well-reasoned technical decisions while understanding tradeoffs
- Scope projects into milestones and deliver value quickly
- Collaborate with peers across Infrastructure, Data, and Product Engineering
- Work with team members to continuously improve productivity
- Programming experience in bash/ruby/python. Bonus points for multiple languages.
- Knowledge of the unix command line and common tools.
- Experience debugging production issues from infrastructure to application level.
- Comfort with Docker in development and production.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience with cloud networking in AWS. Comfortable setting up VPCs, security groups, NAT instances and debugging network issues.
Nice to haves:
- Preferred but not required: Terraform, Datadog, ECS, Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Major pluses: Postgres and Elasticsearch.
What we offer:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment
- 401k with company match.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Volunteering Time Off policy.
- Bi-monthly lunches.