Software Engineer, Interfaces at CCC Information Services
Job Description Summary
We're looking to add a Software Engineer on our Interfaces Team. The Interfaces Team helps support and build the critical applications used by CCC's customers. This will be a role with heavy B2B integrations. This Software Engineer is expected to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, i.e. program module, and at the system level, i.e.. integrated applications. This individual will demonstrate an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications.
- Codes/Designs J2EE software applications
- Develops detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements
- Researches technical solutions to business problems
- Participates in functional and technical specification reviews
- Creates and executes unit test plans
- Participates in creating and executing integration level test plans
- Researches and corrects defects
- Collaborates closely with engineers, business analysts, product owners and other team members
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters.
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Business Administration, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience developing Java/J2EE applications
- B2B Integrations - Oracle SOA Suite – OSB, ESB, WSM, BPEL (or something similar).
- Strong background in SOAP & REST web service development.
- Strong understanding of Java best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning.
- Understanding of design patterns: GoF, JEE design patterns and EAI patterns.
- Experience with enterprise messaging systems.
- Experience building web applications and web services in Open Source Framework