Software Engineer - Java / .Net
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewCome join us at Motorola Solutions on the Command and Control Location Services team. Working as a contributing member of an advanced software development team using modern techniques, you will help drive solutions both in the cloud and on-premises to some of the largest 911 centers in the United States. Our products allow customers to respond effectively in mission-critical operating environments and we’re looking for world-class innovative and motivated engineers interested in building software and systems that truly make a difference.
Work as a contributing member of an advanced software development team using modern techniques to produce world-class public safety software both for cloud based and on-premise solutions:
- Design deployment and monitoring solutions for Azure deployed applications
- Provide automation for scaling solutions
- Maximize solution resilience and reliability while providing mechanisms to prove uptime
- Able to participate in group discussions by expressing thoughts and ideas clearly.
- Self driven, high energy, highly innovative person with a positive attitude
- Effectively collaborate with technical leaders in a multi-team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- BS in Computer Science (or related technical equivalent) Masters Degree is desired.
- 3+ years of Software Development experience, 5+ years preferred
- Strong background in software development; experience in either JAVA or C# and .Net technologies
- Understanding of object oriented coding and design, SOLID principles.
- Able to troubleshoot and debug issues; work with offshore teams as required.
- Support and triage issues with customer integration teams under minimum supervision.
- Experience with Azure or other Cloud platforms
- A strong troubleshooting methodology and the ability to work under fast paced timelines with creative solutions paramount.
- Scripting experience using Powershell, Azure CLI
- Knowledge of CI/CD Pipelines
- Knowledge of Docker Containers
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree) with 3+ years of Software Development experience with Java or C#/.Net or MS degree
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.