Wholesale Loans Technology supports Commercial Lending activities (Bi-Lateral or Multi-Lateral Loans) for multiple lines of businesses of JP Morgan Chase. LoanIQ is the primary Loan Accounting and Servicing Platform and Aurora is an in-house application supporting loan activities from origination and syndication, loan maintenance to secondary loan trading.
The Loan Trading is doing a multi-year modernization initiative which involves rebuilding of the platform to make it resilient in volatile market conditions and ensuring timely settlement of loan trades for increasing volumes. The platform processes the transactions coming from JPMC’s loan booking platform (Loan IQ) or vendor settlement platforms (IHSMarkit & Virtus Partners) with targeted capacity of 1 million messages/day. The new platform will be built using Java tech stack micro-services and event based architecture on cloud with Java, Kafka, Kubernetes and Oracle.
As a software engineer in the Loan Trading team, you will be working with highly skilled engineers with a never-ending quest for innovation. You will make critical contributions in building an application focused on next generation technologies to maintain/better JPM’s position industry wide for Trade Settlement timelines.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Design, analyze, develop, test, debug, and model the system components necessary to produce potentially shippable product iterations with each sprint..
- Active participation in an Agile development process, including working closely with the business and product teams.
- Work with cross-team and vendor dependencies throughout the software lifecycle
- Work independently and create goals for delivery in ambiguous or new situation
- Evolve technical requirements by working closely with product owner, business & technology leaders
- Create and recommend solution design options factoring in customer requirements, standards and current/new infrastructure environments
- Design solutions and participate in Architecture & Engineering forums, perform design reviews, and deliver end-to-end features on time
- Participate in dev modernization and adoption of emerging/modern technologies across the application suite
- Continuous improvement of our DevOps, tooling and processes to enable us to deliver more value
- Follow security standards and guidelines to ensure systems are secure and protected against threats
- Follow normalization/standardization of technology disciplines, collaborating with firm wide CI/CD engineering service owners and Practice Enablement.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree - preferably in Computer Science
- Strong communication skills, self-starter and motivated
- Experience working in a mid-size, global teams to achieve organizational goals
- Experience with Micro-services & Event Based Architecture
- Experience with messaging technologies (JMS, Mule, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar), Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito), Agile Methodology and Tools (JIRA)
- Experience in metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, monitoring, alerting, Chaos Engineering, and self-healing is a plus
- Experience with Caching solutions such as Redis, Gemfire, or EHCache is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.