Software Engineer (Mid) - Social Impact at ShoppingGives (Remote)
Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to enjoy coming to work everyday? Making an Impact with every keystroke? How about smacking tennis balls with Serena Williams on a Tuesday at lunch? Okay technically that third one we can't make happen but she is an early investor in ShoppingGives and two out of three isn't bad!
We are an impact driven organization that thrives on a collaborative, open communicative and hyper transparent environment. How many more months/years are you going to spend working for organizations that think diversity is a four letter word. At ShoppingGives we don't believe in a glass ceiling since we are a startup and we haven’t gotten around to building one yet!
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help?
Let's define "heck of an engineer":
- Responsible for server-side API development using cloud architecture patterns
- Developing microservices using .NET core.
- 6+ months AWS Infrastructure experience - focus on API Gateway, EC2, ELB, RDS, and PostgreSQL.
- Develop custom software solutions within a .NET environment (or other server-side web application frameworks)
- Writing application and database code based on business requirements, user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards
- And a good amount of the things in the “What you bring to the team” section below… so keep reading!
Now that you know what we’re looking for. Let’s speak about what you’re looking for. Do you...?
- Use your mad engineering skills to create some good in this world?
- Want to be the backbone of a high output team?
- Take pride in delivering high-quality code? You know, the type that doesn't have to be rewritten in a year or maybe ever?
- Want to finish your workday both exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new stuff you get to build?
- Keep pressing for more information until you understand the full picture so you can deliver something functional for your team and elegant for users?
- Work every day in every day with an honest, excited, transparent, and (appropriately) vulnerable team?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone.
- We're driven by our mission to do good and our teammates.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- There is not a lot of BS here - we help out, strive to learn and do better than last time, actively look for coaching and teachable moments - and we get our jobs done.
- Mistakes are forgivable, but inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business; we must grow our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one a heck of an engineer too. Is that you?
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Deliver quality features on time while adhering to the highest development standards.
Create impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. Mostly on Shopify. But also on Salesforce Cloud Commerce, Big Commerce, etc.
What you bring to the team.
- Ability to develop server-side API’s
- Ability to work with integrity, security and operation of AWS, Postgres or other SQL based database languages
- Ability to participate in sprint planning and meet sprint commitments
- High-Skills to develop custom software solutions within a .NET
- High-Skills to write application and database code based on business requirements, user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards
- A dedication to development processes and best practices
- Ability to Manage and maintain Git Repositories
- Ability to assist Architect / Principal Engineer on any Development tasks requested to propel business goals forward.
- Passion for learning and self-development to grow both professionally and personally
- Passion to establish OKRs for self & contributing to greater team OKRs
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- - You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- - The pay for this role is $80,000-$100,000
- - This role is Chicago or US based remote only
- +++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- - 401k, medical, dental,
- - Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- - We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- - You'll create every day. We're around 45 people - so you'll have influence
- - We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.