Software Engineer, Mobile (React) at Cisco Meraki
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easy to do from anywhere. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to renowned universities to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a React Native Engineer at Meraki, you will help build features for Meraki’s app, a companion to Meraki’s dashboard. The Meraki dashboard is a simple but powerful application in an industry where unfriendly command line interfaces are the norm. Dashboard provides rich visualizations that allow our customers to manage and deploy their networks easily, rapidly identify and resolve issues, and scale their lean IT networks to large deployments because all the configuration lives within the cloud.
In addition, you will be working on a new product that will simplify network management even further, bringing the Meraki Magic to small businesses who may not have dedicated IT staff. This mobile-first solution will give you the opportunity to develop a consumer grade application to help small businesses access enterprise grade WiFi.
EXAMPLE PROJECTS OF A REACT NATIVE ENGINEER:
- Craft charts, graphs, and screen layouts that intuitively display customer data
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to identify frictional workflows, then build tools to streamline those processes
- Improve performance and efficiency of our app, allowing us to handle increasingly large datasets with minimal delay
- Build internal frameworks and refine our app infrastructure to augment developer productivity
YOU ARE AN OUTSTANDING APPLICANT IF:
- You have 2+ years of experience writing professional production code
- You are proficient in React and Redux
- You have experience using React Native in production
- Aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
- You flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
- You have experience with native mobile development. Objective-C/Swift for iOS, Java/Kotlin for Android
- You have previously worked with Ruby on Rails
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.