Software Engineer - Online Platform
Who we are:
Wyzant helps connect people with educators through personalized learning. We challenge ourselves to build the best products possible but work hard to retain a relaxed, casual environment. Outside of getting things done, you can expect to find people who love to learn and socialize, play games or talk shop with others in the company.
We believe in frequent releases and pushing our product forward with as few hurdles as possible. We build our engineering process around this belief, and always look for ways to improve here.
Who you are:
You take pride in your work, helping others learn and you look for the same from everyone on your team. Your past experience shows an eye for detail and a desire to talk about that new thing you just learned or that new skill you picked up.
In short, you feel passionate about pushing a product forward that helps people learn, and working with others who feel the same.
Our Tech Stack
Our collaboration platform powers the 1:1 learning experience that our customers rely on every day. Here are the sorts of things you’d expect to see under the covers:
- Back-end: Python (Django, Flask, Tornado), Gunicorn, Postgres, Redis
- Front-end: Vue 2.x, Backbone.js, Webpack, Babel
- Testing: Chai, Jest, Selenium, Pillow
- Mobile: Highly rated, native iOS and Android apps
- Infrastructure: Twilio, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
- Tooling: GitHub, TeamCity, Trello, Slack, Sentry
What you'll do:
As part of our Online team, you’ll work with others to build and improve the product our customers rely on to learn and collaborate. Some aspects of the role include:
- Collaborate with product and design leads in planning and delivery
- Build and deploy features and enhancements that have immediate impact
- Engage within other development teams to improve our platform overall
This is what we’d look for from your background:
- 4+ years experience building consumer-facing web apps
- In-depth experience with Backbone, React or Vue (note: we use Backbone & Vue)
- Great understanding of Webpack, Babel and modern front-end ecosystems
- Passion for building things customers use and come back to every day
- Ability to collaborate with UX/design to ship tactile, responsive and performant features