DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with an expertise in Java to join a team of highly talented technologists tasked with building a proprietary options trading platform. Your role will focus on all areas of software engineering, including design, development, implementation, testing, and post-trade analysis while using the latest technologies and low latency techniques.
To qualify for this role, you:
- have 1-4 years of experience using Java on Linux in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding field.
- can demonstrate expertise in JVM selection and performance tuning
- can demonstrate expertise in data analysis
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- have a BS in Computer Science or a related field from a top university
Bonus points if you have:
- expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates
- experience with complex systems or distributed programming
- contributed to open source projects in a challenging field
- a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- a demonstrated interest in keeping up with new developments in programming languages and other relevant technologies.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.