Software Engineer – Platform Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
Participate in design, development, and delivery of new features to enhance the capabilities of the ServiceNow platform, improve scalability and performance, and advance general innovation supporting development on and within the platform. Learn and grow your skills by working with a well rounded, extremely talented, but humble engineering team. Be a founding member of the newly established Chicago engineering hub, getting an exciting chance to be a startup
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience (3+ years)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience developing object-oriented software
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Good attitude and ability to work on a team
- Customer-focused approach
Desired Skills (You don’t need all of these, but we need some):
- Strong java experience (or similar)
- Experience building quality Unit Tests and Integration/Automated Tests
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL/MariaDB, MSSQL)
- Familiarity with basic web application architecture
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Familiarity with Unix shell
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform is a huge plus
- Strong communication skills (this is not a customer-facing role, but we are very collaborative and value the ability to effectively communicate technical problems to non-technical people)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.