Software Engineer, Quality - Reporting Pipeline at Tempus (Chicago, IL)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus; proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for Quality Assurance Engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing health care into the 21st century. As an embedded pod Quality Engineer, you will play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and high-quality insights for our clients, patients, and partners. Patient care, data quality, and innovative science are foundational principles that require creativity and pragmatism.
The Tempus Bioengineering group focuses on supporting Tempus's genomic sequencing offering by building and maintaining software to orchestrate the execution of scientific modules and ensuring the orderly flow of high-quality data though the reporting pipeline.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with Engineers on automated tests, strategy, and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering Leads on acceptance criteria, release readiness, and issue resolution.
- Plan team testing activities and support scheduled releases and deployments.
- Establish, monitor, and optimize application-level stability, performance, and reliability measures.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration, Deployment, and Delivery.
- 3+ years of experience with Unit, Integration, API, and Performance Automation testing tools and frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience designing, administering, and leading software quality activities (e.g. automated testing, test case management, smoke testing, etc).
- 3+ years experience at a growth-stage startup or established technology company preferred.
- Prior experience building technical solutions with Continuous Integration tooling, Docker, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- Prior exposure to Service Oriented Architectures.
- Prior work experience in a multi-cloud environment.