About The Opportunity
Grubhub’s Reconnect Returnship Program is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to the individuals who have at least five years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Grubhub, we are excited to launch our Reconnect Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other individuals transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment.A full time offer will likely be based out of Chicago and a full-time opportunity will offer relocation package.
Got a taste for something new?
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the team
The Restaurant Integrations team is responsible for integrations with industry-leading point-of-sale and online ordering systems, providing the perfect multi-channel ordering experience for the diners. Our goal is to enable flawless order throughput and reflect the restaurant's current menu in real-time. We enable marketing, small and medium business restaurants, and enterprise restaurants to deliver their up-to-date menus to our Diners. Additionally, our point-of-sale integrations allow the restaurants to track orders from placement to fulfillment, increasing efficiency and accuracy in the order flow.
The Impact You Will Make
- Help contribute to the development of the technical direction and strategy within the team and help influence technology across Grubhub.
- Assist the team in developing solutions by helping envision, design, create, and supportour solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our diners, drivers, and restaurants. Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
What You Bring to the Table
- Tech-savvy and passion: You have an aptitude and eagerness to learn new and complex technologies at Grubhub.
- Strong cross-functional communication: You can explain complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- Detail-oriented problem-solving skills: You enjoy the process of scratching beneath the surface to find the best solution to challenges.
- Curiosity and self-awareness: You’re able to articulate when you may need help and are curious enough to ask questions to gain a deeper understanding.
- Team work: You’re able to work both independently and collaboratively with the team, bringing your best to every interaction and inspiring others to do the same.
- Enthusiasm for Grubhub’s mission: You’re excited to help connect hungry diners with great, local restaurants.
- Strong computer science fundamentals from a college degree in Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems.
- A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
- Open to relocate to Chicago at the conclusion of the program if offered Full-Time employment post-returnship.
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment.
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS
- Experience with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Experience developing & consuming Restful APIs
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.