Software Engineer - Salesforce
The Role: As a Software Engineer with experience on the Salesforce platform, you will work as part of Corporate Systems technology team to maintain and enhance a highly utilized Salesforce implementation. In this role, you will be actively working with our core business partners in Sales, Finance and Marketing to understand the business requirements and provide Salesforce solutions in a timely manner. The ideal candidate is a diligent, hardworking individual with strong Force.com platform background, who is able to learn new systems and processes rapidly, who can work with little supervision.
- Work with product management team and internal customers to understand the business requirements and transform them into scalable solutions on the Force.com platform.
- Determine scope and corresponding effort estimates for development projects.
- Perform standard Salesforce administrator tasks such as setting up users, profiles, roles, sharing rules, approval processes etc.
- Develop/Enhance/Maintain the integrations of Salesforce with any external systems.
- For any give business requirement, analyze the requirements to make the appropriate choice between point and click tools vs custom apex code.
- Develop high quality, reusable and maintainable code respecting the governor limits and API limits.
- Create and execute Unit and Integration tests ensuring proper test code coverage of above 75%.
- Assist with quality assurance testing, both internal testing and guiding user acceptance testing.
- Release management, including preparation and deployment of Salesforce Packages as well as maintaining version control.
- Follow established Salesforce development standards and best practices.
- Work with end users to troubleshoot the issues they are facing and resolving the issues in a timely manner.
- Guide and mentor other Salesforce developers on the team.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years Salesforce development and administration experience
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes on Salesforce platform.
- Solid technical and functional knowledge of Salesforce Platform.
- Hands-on, in-depth experience with Salesforce.com design, configuration, and custom development using Apex Classes, Triggers, Visualforce pages, data migration tools, SOQL & SOSL.
- Experience with Sales and Service clouds is a must.
- Strong development background including reusability, unit testing, code review, source control, change sets and migration tools.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.).
- Salesforce Developer certification(s) is preferred.
- Previous experience working with lightning is a plus.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) tool is a plus.
- Previous experience of using code versioning tools, such as Git/BitBucket is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Desire to keep current on new technologies, functionality and desire to work in small fast paced collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.