Software Engineer, Security
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Engineering Team:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we’ve written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here’s more:
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
The Security Engineer's role is to protect sensitive data and applications in high-scale systems that are growing rapidly. We need you to be heavily involved in keeping security top of mind as we look to power our customers' most important transactions.
Types of projects we work on:
- Working with product teams on the security of their new features
- Building custom tools to scale security responsibilities
- Maintaining the authentication and encryption capabilities of a fast growing payments platform
What we look for in you:
- Solid programming foundation; expect to spend a significant amount of time writing code
- Working knowledge of one or several object-oriented or functional programming languages
- Working knowledge of applied cryptography and how to effectively develop appropriate cryptographic solutions
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS is a plus
- Previous wide-ranging experience in application security and policy development
- 4+ years experience developing software with particular interest in keeping things safe and secure
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.