Software Engineer, Sr at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
About the Opportunity
Epsilon analyzes anonymized, privacy-safe data at internet scale. We handle 300B+ of online interactions a day and have $3.8 trillion in multichannel purchases in our database. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a balance of skills in design, development and performance tuning to support data science, engineering and analytics teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with decision scientists to help build best of breed artificial intelligence / machine learning applications.
- Work closely with data science, engineering, analytics and data warehouse teams to define and implement solutions.
- Act as “on site interface” for data science, engineering, analytics and data warehouse teams to remote engineering resources.
- Write stories (or requirements) for platform enhancements.
- Work with data science, engineering, analytics and data warehouse teams during sprint cycles to validate design and provide feedback.
- Provide tuning support and analysis for applications.
- Provide framework support for Spark, HBase and Hive.
- Drive best practices for application development.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in software engineering.
- Consultative background (experience or personality) with ability to act as “first in”. You will be the one on the scene, developing the relationships, delivering daily, communicating broadly, and tackling the problems at hand.
- Able to navigate multiple big data environments.
- Experience building data-driven solutions at scale in Python, Java or Scala (a plus).
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and related technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Airflow a plus.
- Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communication skills (written and verbal).
Education / Certifications:
BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline plus at least 3 years of experience. Hadoop certification is a plus. Spark certification is a plus.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.