Software Engineer, Technical Architecture at Walgreens
Walgreens is looking for an architect to help deliver a new healthcare ecosystem. This role will provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding both overall architecture and solution-specific technical design.
You will be expected to lead and facilitate the design, development, integration, and deployment of various technologies in support of WBA’s efforts. The role is a combination of strategic and hands-on work that encourages an innovative and generalist mindset.
You must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and have the ability to innovate and communicate proactively. You must have an interest in anticipating challenges and creating alternative courses of action. As a leader in the engineering organization, you will be expected to encourage others to continuously learn and apply modern technical or process approaches. You will be assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of independent judgment.
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization's solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering teams on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions. .
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and/or emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences)
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones;
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and automated testing / deployment concepts
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- Experience with enterprise integration and data processing approaches, such as Kafka, Event Hub, or ETL tooling
- Experience designing and implementing APIs