Software Engineer - Tempus Insights
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. Your team helps to set goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment. Tempus Insights is our business to develop, validate and launch new predictive tests, in oncology and new disease areas, by leveraging our clinical + molecular + imaging data to provide novel insights to clinicians and patients.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and Node.js on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got software development experience in both frontend and backend technologies.
- You're familiar with some of the technologies we use, such as: Node.js, React.js, Angular.js, Python, MySQL, Postgres, and REST.
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure, have built and deployed containerized applications and services
- You've worked in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly.
- You write meaningful, useful documentation and tests, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with team members of varying skill sets and from different fields.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Docker
- Experience in AWS
- Experience in Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Experience developing software in regulated areas, especially FDA approved medical devices
- An interest in working in biotech, genomics, and precision medicine