What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test (SDET). You will be responsible for the overall quality of the Fetch mobile app, website, data, system, and service. Success in this role requires the ability to understand complex systems and interactions, develop tests, and meticulously document defects. (This role may be remote as well)
In your toolbag:
- Experience as an SDET
- A deep understanding of automated tests and testing frameworks
- Ability to design, develop and maintain automated browser, mobile and API tests
- Experience interacting with RESTful API’s, microservices, and JSON data
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
You have experience with:
- Excellent designing and programming skills.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages (C#, Scala, Python, Java) proficiency in one.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and the tools that correspond to them.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to assess and communicate risks in a diplomatic way.
- Appium or other comparable UI automation tool experience.
- Cucumber or other comparable test automation tool experience.
- Mobile testing experience in iOS and Android native applications.
- Experience with Web Automation
- Understating of how network protocols work
- Experience with Docker and CI tools
- Ability to work as an embedded teammate.
- Affinity for testing, quality, development, and best practices.
- Full-stack development (Ruby, Java, Kotlin or another high-level programming language)
- Experience with In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Continuous development
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics