Software Engineer in Test at Narrative Science
Software Engineer in Test
We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test to join our QA Team. In this role, you will improve our ability to quickly and safely deploy Lexio, Narrative Science’s platform for auto-generating stories from data. You will help us maintain a great customer experience by tracking features across our web app and backend services. You will be involved in all parts of the project lifecycle, from requirements gathering through to deployment.
You will be responsible for creating, managing, and executing test plans for functional testing. You will perform unscripted technical exploratory testing within the context of agile/continuous delivery. Someone who wants to create an exceptional customer experience will fit in well on our team, meaning you naturally like to find solutions to problems and in general enjoy helping people in any way you can.
- Perform unscripted technical exploratory testing within the context of agile/continuous delivery
- Identify, design, and develop automation solutions to improve team efficiency and test coverage
- Create, manage, and improve test plans for non-functional testing
- Work with developers to participate in solution design to ensure testability of functions and applications during implementation planning
- Work with the Product team to break requirements down into test plans
- Support your products running in production
- Participate in the definition and refinement of quality metrics
- Participate in projects that improve the performance and usability of our product portfolio
- Be an ambassador for the team to both our internal and external clients
- Exposure to testing tools like Selenium Webdriver, Postman
- Familiarity with web testing concepts like E2E, Rest API, database, performance, and load testing
- Working knowledge of databases and other data stores
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Interest in learning new technologies like AWS, container technologies, CI/CD
- Experience with tools like Git, CircleCI, Jenkins, Jira, etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable speaking to business owners, end-users, and team members
- Passion for improving code quality and development processes
- Proven capability for critical thinking, problem-solving and the patience to see hard problems through to the end with our clients
About the Software Test Engineering Team @ Narrative Science
The Software Test Engineering team at Narrative Science is a bleeding-edge test organization that leverages the best practices throughout the industry. Our mission is to provide quick, trustworthy test coverage with clear documentation. More specifically, this means we support development teams with testing of features, maintain ownership of our BDD-driven test framework, and are responsible for the maintenance and creation of a vast library of automated tests. In short, the Software Test Engineering team owns the overall quality of Narrative Science products. If you are passionate about quality, geek out about finding bugs, love to see test results flip from red to green, and are generally interested in language, data, and web development then we are the team for you!
Culture @ Narrative Science
Narrative Science believes that data storytelling can empower everyone to understand and take action from their data. Our mission is to build software that leverages artificial intelligence to automatically turn data into easy-to-understand reports, transforms statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge.
Our core virtues (mission-driven, impactful, team first, innovative) are ingrained in everything we do, from how we develop our technology to how we interact with customers to how we hire people. Since 2020, we have embraced a remote approach and are on a journey to ingrain that in our culture. All while being immersed in our culture of learning, collaboration, innovation, and customer impact.
At Narrative Science, we embrace the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our future employees, colleagues, customers, partners, and other stakeholders. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.