Software Engineer in Test at Club Automation
Club Automation, a Daxko company, is a leading cloud-based software provider that helps the health and athletic industry to manage their clubs more efficiently.Job Description
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work on test automation for our Club Automation product. You will collaborate with developers and testers across different products in order to build sufficient test automation. You will also be expected to understand and contribute to the tools we use in our test automation frameworks.
The Software Engineer In Test reports to the Software Test Manager.
You will also:
- Contribute to and maintain existing automation tests and frameworks
- Provide the product teams with the best/most effective tools in order to contribute
- Build the product teams confidence in test automation
- Prioritize the most valuable work to be done (adding new tests vs beefing up existing ones)
- Guide the product teams in helping determine what needs test coverage and at what level (unit, integration, end to end)
- Come up with creative and innovative solutions to complex testing problems
- Assist with building and maintaining testing environments
- Research new testing technologies and tools
- Teach less experienced testers about test automation
- Learn from more experienced developers how we can improve
- Be expected to help with manual test efforts as determined by current business priorities
- Associate degree (or another 2-year degree) or Coding Bootcamp with education in Information Technology and Computer Science
- One (1+) plus years of relevant experience
- Experience testing web technologies, restful APIs, and contributing to a test automation suite
- Friendly attitude and collaborative spirit
- Strong passion for quality and excellence
- Solid understanding of technologies that are used on our projects and how they work together
- Solid programming principles
- Highly organized, methodical, terrific problem solver, and great communicator
- Skilled at writing good automation tests
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Curiosity, ability to learn new things quickly, and the ability to think outside the box, ability to code
- Ability to analyze a product to determine scenarios that should be automated
Bonus points for:
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL
- Experience with Session-Based or Exploratory Testing techniques
- Experience with performance, load, and stress testing
- Experience building tools/scripts to help testers (Automation in Testing)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.