Software Engineer in Test
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 80,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer in Test to join us as we extend our platform and work to scale our quickly growing user base. As a Software Engineer in Test you’ll get to build the systems that ensure the quality of our products. We are committed to instilling a culture of quality. We are looking for people with a strong background in continuous integration (CI), automated functional testing (Selenium), and automated regression testing.
What your day could consist of:
- Designing and building test automation for ActiveCampaign services
- Deploying and implementing automated testing tools that enable quality among development teams
- Working with product teams and engineering managers to develop acceptance criteria
- Assisting in the deployments and pipelines of our regression tests
- Developing automated functional testing via tools like Selenium
- Implementing contract testing in a CI pipeline
- Performing exploratory and manual testing
- Providing expertise and guidance around testing methodologies and best practices
What is needed:
- You have experience testing customer facing web applications and building functional automation tests
- You like fast feedback loops and have experience integrating testing into continuous integration (CI) pipelines. We are currently migrating to Gitlab from Github/CircleCI. Experience with Jenkins, CircleCi, TravisCI, or Bamboo is great as well
- You have experience or exposure with working on the Linux command line and have some basic bash scripting knowledge and git experience
- You understand how to implement maintainable and efficient tests using Java-based tools like Selenium
- You have programming experience with Java, Python, PHP or other object oriented languages
- You are knowledgeable around quality assurance (QA) best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced collaborative environment with cross-functional teams in Product and Development
- You have worked with developers and/or QA engineers to develop fast and effective automated testing solutions
- You have a solid understanding of the software development life-cycle and agile methodologies
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description