Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure
Software Engineer Tools & Infrastructure
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape our perceptions and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
Our voice technology is cool, but it's mostly invisible. That's why we take great care in surrounding our voice applications with elegant and intuitive web-based applications to make them tangible and usable. Vail's web development team develops user applications that enable our clients to achieve optimal benefits from our software. Creating intuitively usable web applications is a multi-disciplinary process that requires instinct, creativity, empathy and an eye for detail. We assemble collaborative teams made up of industry experts and neophytes applying principles of application design, graphic art, and even cognitive psychology to ensure that we approach problems from every angle. We'd like to add a Software Test Engineer to one of our teams and we'd like to know if you think you fit the bill. You will if you:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Can keep an open mind to new ideas
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Don't mind using those skills to share your best ideas
- Have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Aren't afraid of ambiguity and can problem-solve with little direction
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, and
- Really want to learn new things
What you can expect to be doing:
As part of the team, you'll be expected to coordinate with internal IP telephony and web product teams as you develop automated functional and load tests against these products' web applications. You'll work in small teams out of our offices in Chicago's loop, using tools and languages including Selenium Webdriver, RSpec, Cucumber, Java, Ruby on Rails and Angular. You'll design, code, debate, learn, and share; you'll work hard but you'll have fun every day.
What we need to see from you:
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- 1-4 years proven success in a software development or test automation role
- A strong understanding of Object Oriented software development techniques
- Experience with at least one test framework such as JUnit, NUnit, TestNG, RSpec or Cucumber
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows
- An ability to solve complex problems in a short amount of time
- A Computer Science / Engineering degree
Ideally you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, Grid
- Experience with Jenkins or other build server
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience with TDD, BDD or ATDD
- Experience with Git
- Experience with SQL Server or other database
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
Position can be based in Chicago or Deerfield Office locations.
If you're interested in full-stack test automation, can make the complex seem simple, and are curious about technology that helps people communicate more freely and effectively, then you want to be part of this team!