Who we are?
Here at Focused Labs, we are a small, select, software development team that wants to improve the world of software engineering through excellence. We take a unique approach to deliver products to market quickly while meeting the business and customer needs of our clients.
- Listen first - we are experts when it comes to software, but life long learners in the domain of our customers. We listen, collaborate, and iterate closely with our clients.
- Learn why - we are deeply invested in the outcomes of our clients and apply our expertise to make wise technology decisions with them.
- Love your craft - we love programming and the craft of software engineering.
What would you be doing?
- Help define and improve who we are as a company and a team.
- Collaborate closely with customers to solve problems that are core to their business and build an impactful product.
- Pair program with teammates and clients to build software and continuously grow together.
- Master the right tools for the problems at hand. We do what is right for our clients and what makes us effective.
- Collaborate and learn from teammates who are just as excited about software as you are
- Write lots of code.
Why are we excited about you?
- You are open and up for a challenge, you are a problem solver, and you are excited to work in all levels of the tech stack.
- You have experience and opinions in at least one full tech stack and are interested in becoming fluent across multiple tech stacks.
- You value collaboration as a core tool for finding pragmatic and simple solutions to complex real-world problems.
- You are always learning, always improving, and are interested in helping others do the same.
- You are comfortable working with non-technical stakeholders and are comfortable participating in daily meetings with clients.
If you had worked at Focused Labs over the last 3 months you may have
- Paired with a teammate to build an e-commerce purchase flow
- Started a new project using Kotlin, Rails, Vue, React, or Node!
- Worked with a client to prioritize their backlog for MVP
- Deployed a Kubernetes cluster and applications to it
- Integrated with GM OnStar to remotely control a vehicle
- Helped our company define a Parental Leave Policy
- Played Codenames with the team over happy hour
- Written this job req
- Competitive compensation and pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k and matching contributions
- Mat/Pat leave
- Focused hours
- Competitive PTO policy
- Provided team lunch 3 days a week