Software Engineer at Amount
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:01 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 10, 2021
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll work on:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day.
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing.
- Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction.
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences.
What you might own at Amount:
- Onboard several bank partners onto our white label lending platform by providing APIs and configurability
- Power our credit decisioning, credit pricing, fraud prevention, customer verification, and credit reports
- Accounting system, process ACH and credit card payments, and enable scale on our ability to collateralize and sell loans
- Create workflows and the backend that powers internal service tools and provide external visibility to our partners
- Improve the customer experience and automation on our web app and mobile app through self service
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- You have 3+ years of engineering experience
- You’re a pragmatic generalist programmer who will not only help execute, but also will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Amount
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers’ experiences
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that not all positions will be remote long-term and some teams and positions have an expectation to join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description