Rewards Network (RN) is seeking a Software Engineer to work with a team of peers to build out a new platform from the ground up. As a member of the team, you will work closely with other software engineers, BAs, and stakeholders to design and develop a new rewards fast data platform and all the supporting applications. We are looking for a passionate problem solver that is highly focused, agile, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-centric environment using the latest technologies.
What technologies will I use?
- Underlying architecture: Kubernetes, AWS Fargate/ECS, Docker, Immutable infrastructure
- Technologies: Scala, Cats, FS2, Kafka, Postgres SQL, Elastic Search, Kibana, AWS S3
- Tools: Intellij, Gitlab (VCS/CI), Team City, Postman, Slack, Jira
What are you looking for?
- Experience in development using Scala or other functional languages.
- Working knowledge in an Agile delivery team.
- Understanding of core functional and OOP programming principles.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- A commitment to developing solid, tested, high performing valuable software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
What are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like Rewards Network?
- Exposure to some of the most modern and innovative technologies.
- Being able to work alongside other talented individuals in a collaborative and continuous learning environment.
- The ability to apply technology to strategically solve business challenges and see your ideas come to life.
- Being part of a collaborative environment with a team of peers to architect, design and implement our new platform and supporting applications in the latest technologies.
- Actively participating in and helping evolve all adopted Agile/Lean/Kanban practices such as: TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development), stand-ups, retrospectives, continuous delivery, and knowledge sharing across team members.
- Continuously improving, refining, and refactoring software.
- BS in Computer Science, (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of general development experience
- Experience on an Agile delivery team
- Understand, articulate, and conform to core functional and OOP programming principles.
- Experience working with and designing event driven architectures
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Git, Team City or similar tools
- A commitment to developing solid, tested, high performing valuable software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution.
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.
Read Full Job Description