Software Engineer at Ensono
This position will be part of a newly established team focused on accelerating the design and performance of our monitoring solutions to proactively detect and automatically resolve issues across our mainframe, private and public cloud infrastructure solutions. As part of the Monitoring Solutions team, the Software Engineer will be instrumental in designing, developing, testing, and executing scripted automation by alert type to resolve issues before they result in application availability-impacting incidents.
- Partner with the Technology teams to enhance monitoring capabilities
- Engineering solutions to bridge tool capabilities with business requirements for a superior client experience
- Identify and design solutions that reduce or eliminate the need for human intervention, enabling our teams to focus on problem management tasks by automating corrective steps in response to specific alert types.
- Deliver solutions using agile development methodology
- Assess and analyze the performance of the existing monitoring tools against the infrastructure supported. Identify gaps and opportunities to ensure proactive detection of issues before they become availability-impacting incidents.
- Either a minimum of 7 years’ development experience (Java, J2EE, C++) or BS Degree in computer science or related field, and 5 years’ development experience is preferred
- Proven expertise with Python, Batch, Shell, and Pearl scripting languages
- Passionate about creating a world-class client experience and building quality solutions via technology
- Motivated by solving complex problems, identifying opportunities consistently improve the performance of tools with automation
- Passion and aptitude to learn, curious, sees every challenge as an opportunity
- Demonstrated quality of code development and execution
- Expertise in industry-leading monitoring tools such as BMC Truesite and Entuity, and CA is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence, convey information at an appropriate level to the intended audience, and build trusted relationships.
- Brings curiosity, keen technical insight, passion for learning that will be instrumental in assessing, analyzing, and uncovering new and better ways to deliver solutions.