Software Engineer at SPINS LLC
Who we are
For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our software platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
SPINS is seeking a problem-solving Software Engineer to help us build and scale mission-critical applications and continue driving innovation.
What you will do
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting and helping us scale the critical software services, web apps, and portals used by both our B2B food and beverage clients, as well as millions of consumers using our B2C services.
- Maintaining a service-oriented data access layer for various client applications.
- Efficiently ingesting, normalizing and transforming large amounts of data.
- Managing and improving our API’s to expose cross sections of the data.
- Working on the design and delivery of web applications for interacting with and monitoring our data pipeline.
- Actively staying on the cutting edge of new and emerging big data and cloud technologies.
What you bring
- Experience building web services and applications in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Software development best practices and knowledge in some of the following areas or related technologies and concepts:
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Database Technologies, both SQL and NoSQL
- GIT and unit testing frameworks such as JUnit and Jest
- Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP)
- A strong interest in working in the world of big data and analytics while contributing to a mission of healthy living.
- The ability to quickly find topical animated GIFs for our team’s amusement, and general ability to laugh at our stupid jokes (and the occasional good ones).
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.