If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewVaaS, a “video analysis as a service” company, is a leading global provider of data and image analytics for vehicle location. The company’s image capture and analysis platform, which includes fixed and mobile license plate reader cameras driven by machine learning and artificial intelligence, provides vehicle location data to public safety and commercial customers. Acquired in January 2019, this new product offering will expand the Motorola Solutions command center software portfolio with the largest shareable database of vehicle location information that can help shorten response times and improve the speed and accuracy of investigations. Security Innovations is leading the development of cutting-edge solutions for international safe city capabilities and specialized deployments through data fusion and analysis within our existing platforms and new developments. Our goal is to take on the most challenging problems and deliver accurate and timely solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations. We work closely as a team with an agile mindset and determination to solve any issue that arises by producing innovative solutions and unmatched value to our customers.
The Security Innovation Team is looking for an experienced software engineer to help execute innovative data fusion solutions. These next-generation solutions are brand new or hybrids from our existing product lines across facial recognition and license plate recognition. You need to be scrappy, flexible, and unafraid of never-before-seen challenges. We are also looking for someone with future leadership potential and is interested in growing into that role.
Hello, reader of this job posting! Because you actually clicked into this, we’re going to assume you're a solid PHP developer, experienced the new (Laravel/Symfony, composer, PSR, etc) and familiar with the old (PEAR, Smarty, pre-OOP, pre-MVC). Please allow us to quickly add some keywords so this posting will be optimized for search engines: big data, PHP, MySQL, SQL Server, Linux, AWS, REST-based API, remote, work from home, git, security, rock star, guru, Jedi, ninja, wizard, Jedi rock wizard.
Great! Now let’s talk about some of those as they relate to this position.
- Big Data – VaaS is the world leader in license plate recognition and currently has more than 15 billion (with a B) rows of license plate and geo-spatial data.
- PHP – We love PHP. We know it has a bad reputation due to a long history of ugliness – and trust us when we say we have experienced it first-hand. However, it has matured greatly over the past few years and it has allowed us to rapidly prototype, develop, and deploy some amazing applications. We love Laravel and composer, and we have PHP 7 in production.
- SQL – Yeah, it’s weird to have PHP connect to SQL Server. And as a PHP developer, you may not have the strongest grasp on SQL Server and all of its idiosyncrasies. But we’re available to help walk you through it.
- Linux – Even though we run SQL server, our web servers are fully Ubuntu.
- AWS - We don’t need a server guru, but familiarity with setup and management would be great.
- API - We have lots of systems that interact with each other and we use APIs to accomplish that. You should know how to both create and consume API resources.
- Remote – Let’s dispel with the myth that remote developers can kick their feet back and play Xbox. If you’ve spent any time working remotely, you know the challenges and determination it takes to make it work. We work hard from 8 to 5 and want a developer that will do the same without needless distractions.
- Git – We do everything in git and have some great deployment workflows built around it.
- Security – Stop here if you have no idea what OWASP Top 10 is. If you aren’t familiar with how to secure your code against SQL injection, XSS, and CSRF, then we can’t bring you aboard.
- 4+ years of PHP development experience
- 4+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.