Founded in 2014 and having grown to 110 global team members, Supernova offers the industry’s first and only cloud-based, fully customizable, end-to-end software solution to automate securities-based lending (SBL) from origination through the life of the loan. By combining thought leadership in suitability and risk management with industry-leading education and the latest technology, Supernova enables advisors to deliver holistic, goals-based advice and to help their clients achieve financial wellness. We partner with the industry’s largest banks, most prominent insurance companies and leading online brokerages to democratize access to securities-based lending and better the entire financial ecosystem.
As a member of our software development team, you will develop and deploy our technology platform to the financial services firms we serve.
Unlike other companies, we don’t want software engineers who only aspire to write the best code; we want engineers who aspire to use their skills to build the best business. Our business is about innovation. Our business is about leading the debate. A passion for our business helps enable our team members to be leaders in innovation and debate.
To succeed at Supernova, you need to have boundless curiosity and be a relentless learner. You must be intelligent, have great analytical skills, and pay close attention to detail. In addition, you need to be calm under pressure, possess great work ethic and communicate well. You are not a person who accepts the mundane and you constantly push for a higher standard. You are proactive, you are open to new ideas, and you hunger for personal feedback.
- Lead complex technical projects on core banking and payment systems
- Obtain deep understanding of business needs, design and build technical solutions that address complex business requirements
- Manage the full cycle of project from initial design to launch, identifying pitfalls and coaching colleagues along the way
- Better those around you by driving team efficiency improvements
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of Hands-on experience on Java Spring Framework and Spring boot
- Be able to handle high priority projects or customer requests in a timely fashion
- Be able to adapt to the dynamic and changing nature of a startup company and developer roles
- Be able to communicate well with all stakeholders and customers about technical systems and solutions
- The ability to thrive with ambiguity within a rapidly changing business environment
OUR CORE VALUES
At Supernova, we...
- Form, execute, and communicate new ideas that add value to our employees and customers
- Strive through obstacles and failures
- Follow-through on promises or commitments to others, accept responsibility, and answer for actions & decisions
- Listen to, understand, and support our employees and customers
- Act with speed, positive attitude, and flexibility
- Exceed expectations and surpass ourselves every day; we embrace a sense of pride and never stop growing