At Forager we are building something new, something special that’s changing the way people think of shipping cross-border freight. We are solving new problems every day in order to change an old industry, and we need talented engineers who know how to help design solutions that will continue to drive our product toward success.
What you’ll do
As a Software Engineer, you’re expected to do more than just write code; you’re hired to think, collaborate, create, teach, and learn. You’ll work closely with Product Managers, UX, and your engineering team to create solutions, develop stories, and execute them. You’ll be expected to advocate for the user and bring your experiences to the table as a technical leader, develop your leadership skills, and set an example for the less experienced engineers on the team.
As a mid-level engineer on the team, you’ll use your prior experience to think critically about challenges every day. You’ll start stepping up to make decisions and own them, getting recognition for your wins, and support when you fail. You’ll be an example to some of the more junior engineers on your team, and you can expect support and mentoring from the senior engineers and your manager.
Skills you bring
We are looking for an engineer who has experience in most of these areas:
- RESTful API design
- SQL and relational database architecture
- Unit/integration testing
- DevOps experience is a strong bonus
Other qualities you have
- A collaborative attitude toward solving problems
- A need to ask why and understand the problem you’re solving
- The desire to help others and drive the team forward
- A Testing mindset, whether TDD or BDD, your code is covered
- Knowledge in freight would be a strong bonus
The Interview Process:
- An introductory conversation with Talent Acquisition
- A 75 minute technical interview with a couple of engineers and a manager where we will spend some time on some coding exercises and also some time discussing situational questions to get an understanding of how you think.
- A 45 minute culture/team interview where you’ll get a chance to meet some more of the team and other Foragers!
Who we are:
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
Forager is committed to keeping our employees, their families, and our community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of 2020. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ, once it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.