Software Engineer at Morningstar
Our Team: Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
Our Product Groups:
Morningstar Brand – understanding users on Morningstar.com and guiding them to the right Morningstar content and experiences.
Individual Investor – building experiences on Morningstar.com for individuals like yourself to achieve your investment goals.
At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and drives our work. We are looking for software engineers who specialize cloud-native web applications to join our team, grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. You will have product ownership and responsibility for ensuring process and quality adherence through peer reviews, code reviews, test coverage and best practices. You will act as the software guardian, owning non-functional requirements, architectural direction, and the quality of the code while addressing technical debt. Every day, you’ll work with team members across disciplines developing products for investors. You’ll interact daily with our product managers to understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us forward. We want to work with other engineers who bring knowledge and excitement about our opportunities. These positions are based in our Chicago office.
* Build well designed, well-engineered, stable, scalable web experiences on Morningstar.com.
* Architect and develop secure, performant web applications on AWS serverless infrastructure.
* Integrate with Morningstar and third-party APIs, content management systems, and web components.
* Integrate with monitoring and logging tools to provide high accountability for production availability.
* Work as part of the Morningstar engineering community, leveraging existing technology where appropriate.
* Enforce good Agile practices and continuous integration (automated testing, build & deploy pipelines).
* Remedy production issues promptly, with a bias toward failing forward.
* Collaborate in a cross-functional team to deliver business value with quality and urgency.
* Help to shape product vision.
* At least 3 year of professional software development experience in a team environment.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services concepts and technologies, especially serverless and CI/CD.
* Experience with Agile methodology.
* Ability and desire to quickly learn new concepts and to put that new knowledge into practice.
* Good time management and organization skills.
* BONUS: knowledge of web analytics, user profiling, third-party ad serving, technical SEO, MarTech (marketing technology, e.g. Optimize 360, Eloqua)