Software Engineer at Morningstar
The Corporate Systems team manages and supports Morningstar's Corporate platforms used globally across the organization encompassing product, marketing, sales, client service, finance and employee productivity tools. We are responsible for day to day support and improved operational and tactical efficiencies for Morningstar employees in the platforms and technologies they use to effectively market, sell, provide service and collect revenue for our products.
We are implementing an enterprise-wide content authoring and storage system for our structured and taxonomized written and digital content, which supports our collective need to re-use content components throughout the Morningstar 'content universe' in multiple products and platforms (while protecting sensitive or regulated content as applicable). In other words – it is a headless CMS that streamlines our report and article writing process. This tool will be a 3rd party SaaS solution.
The role requires working closely with the CMS Product Owner, Content and Digital Asset owners to clearly understand requirements to help deliver secure, scalable, resilient and reusable capabilities.
- Work with the CMS Product Owner and capability owners from across the organization to build product integrations for the content management system.
- Build technology solutions to meet requirements for initiatives and development lifecycle for the CMS.
- Work within an Agile software development framework to work through a prioritized queue ensuring high quality execution.
- Work within a standardized governance process for the CMS involving the CMS Product Owner and key stakeholders from business groups.
- Maintain taxonomy and content model for the CMS.
- Establish and maintain CMS platform and integration standards.
- Ensure platform health and system integrity is maintained when designing and building solutions.
- Understand business, operations and technology requirements when building solutions within the CMS and with integrating platforms.
- Work independently to resolve issues within the CMS and advise users on standards and best practices.
- 2+ years of technology experience developing software / programs within an agile framework.
- Required experience in Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) using SaaS solutions.
- Required understanding of structured document concepts.
- Required experience in object-oriented programming concepts, test driven development, quality assurance and secure solution development.
- Required experience in CI/CD concepts and best practices.
- Hands on experience in developing automated build and deployment pipelines to support software delivery that includes infrastructure automation experience.
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion to thrive & adopt in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable with acquiring new skills to meet CMS roadmap goals.
- Understanding of headless CMS based solution design patterns and development strategy using headless CMS & DAM solutions is a plus.
- Hands on experience in Amazon AWS and Apache Kafka is a plus.