Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
The Infrastructure team is responsible for the platform, tools, and infrastructure supporting the Avant Banking team's customer-facing products. As a team member, you will be developing tools to create and maintain cloud infrastructure, automate the management of complex service-oriented applications, and develop frameworks to ensure the Avant platform's stability and scalability.
***This position can be remote anywhere in the United States***
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build tools to empower self-service to Avant engineering teams.
- Author tools to bolster platform scalability, availability, and security posture in service to Avant's customers.
- Partner with product engineers to build services according to modern design patterns.
- Assist with the design, building, and support of Avant's cloud infrastructure leveraging automation and infrastructure-as-code.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with engineers, managers, and other colleagues based on trust, empathy, and technical expertise.
- Participate in on-call rotation for production services.
To be successful, you have:
- Strong test-driven development experience in a modern programming language: E.g. Python, Ruby, Go, or Bash.
- Previous professional experience in a DevOps/SRE role.
- Prior success in enabling effective partnerships and strong communication with other engineers and teams.
- Experience creating and working with containers and leveraging container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Marathon, or Nomad.
- Experience building and managing highly available public cloud infrastructure and services.
- Experience with standard infrastructure-as-code provisioning and configuration management tools.
- Experience supporting relational and non-relational databases, messages busses, caching services, and other data persistence tools.
- Familiarity with standard monitoring, logging, and observability platforms.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Helm, Vault, and Ansible
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.