Full Job Title: Software EngineerJob Number: R1802-3323Location: Chicago, IllinoisDate Posted: 03/16/2018
at iLoan, a OneMain brand
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Digital team in Chicago. You'll work as part of a full-stack agile development team to design and implement web applications.
The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you simultaneously help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
• Write API end-points & customer facing web applications
• Write automated tests & ensure test coverage
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience developing web applications with Ruby on Rails
• Experience with concurrent, service-oriented, and object-oriented programming
• Experience with building & consuming RESTful API’s
• Knowledge of SQL optimization as well as schema and database design, especially as it relates to PostgreSQL
Bonus points if you have:
• Experience working in Financial Services industry
• Experience working in a start-up environment
• Worked with a TDD workflow
We possess varying talents but share a common goal. The iLoan team is built of incredible talent from a mix of industries and backgrounds. Everybody has a voice. Everybody contributes. The team collaborates and succeeds together.
We’re uniquely positioned for success. Envision a young company with a startup feel but distinct advantages. As part of OneMain, we operate with the financial backing of one of the nation’s largest personal loan lenders. This stability allows us to be agile while further scaling in a growing marketplace.
We strive to make an impact. In less than a year we rebuilt and relaunched OneMain's digital platform