Software Engineer at TransUnion
“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- We prize flexibility, continuous improvement and openness, and offer a unique opportunity to combine technology with client relations and support.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years experience in application development (Java EE, C++, ETL, and web APIs) with exposure to high availability, data driven applications.
- Experience in Linux and Weblogic or similar application servers
- Knowledge of OO design and common design patterns, and can understand what the tradeoffs of the different approaches
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems including Maven, Jenkins, and Artifactory
- Strong understanding of web hosting platforms and web services
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and container technology. Hands on experience with Docker preferred
Impact you’ll make:
- Create web enabled solutions for consumers that monitor critical changes in their credit by assisting them with debt analysis, identity theft protection features, and money management tools.
- Participate as a highly technical specialist in design development, coding, planning, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and correct them.
- Review code for defects and quality against technical documents and standard practices.
- Review and translate business requirements for technical feasibility and logical defects.
- Demonstrate a high level of analytical and problem-solving capability along with the ability to articulate the decision process to multiple management levels as it relates to both business and technical roles time estimates for assigned tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.