Software Engineer at EMX Digital
EMX, is a new programmatic marketplace which offers more powerful media solutions across supply, demand and data to publishers, advertisers, ad tech providers and agencies, including increased efficiencies, heightened transparency and an overall lift in ROI.
EMX combines the services of an automated global marketplace specializing in direct-to-consumer access through technologies like header bidding, with a leading deterministic data and decisioning platform for advertisers and brands. As an integrated business, EMX gives clients access to a unified supply chain providing access to more audiences on all screens, including TV, OOH, mobile and desktop.
Anchored within Engine, EMX is part of an international advertising powerhouse that affords us the ability to be a part of end-to-end marketing solutions for many of the world’s most recognizable brands.
EMX Digital is looking for a Software Engineer to help build out and scale up the demand side capabilities of our programmatic marketplace.
As an engineer, you will be at the forefront of developing features that will allow advertisers to better understand how their advertising budgets are being spent, with a focus on -- Understanding who our advertisers’ target audiences are (or should be), providing access to high quality and brand-safe inventory and giving access to self-serve tools to allow our advertisers to better control their advertising spend.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment; those who love wearing many hats, are able to change direction quickly and show a passion for learning new technologies will thrive at EMX. The ideal candidate will be able to work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers and can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver cutting edge, clean code.
- Drive product initiatives from initial architecture design to deployment and monitoring
- Write clean, readable, and testable code that follows consistent coding standards
- Ensure that solutions are reliable and scalable
- Stay current with the latest development practices and apply your findings with the team
- BS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years' professional experience writing code
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly shifting business and technical landscape
- AWS or other cloud experience is a plus
Java, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis for backend data pipelines
AWS (Redshift, ECS, Lambda, Athena)
Docker, Kubernetes for containerization and orchestration
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) employer contributions
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Entertainment and travel discounts
- Family-friendly benefits
- Collaborative environment
- Shiny new MacBook Air or Pro
- Surround yourself with some of the smartest people in the industry