Software Engineer at Focused Labs
At Focused Labs we take a unique approach to developing high-quality, business focused, software for our clients. Our approach is structured around delivering products to market fast, testing with real customers, and iterating based on their feedback.
We love to write code, and if you do too, you will love Focused Labs. Everything we do from our sustainable pace to minimal meetings is designed to optimize your time in front of an editor writing software! Focused is truly a place to grow or hone your software craft - you could see 3-5 clients in a year and each one presents new things to learn.
What we're looking for
We are looking for talented developers who are excited to help build our team! We believe that building software is a craft, one that always presents opportunities to improve and learn from teammates. We need Web Developers who have a strong understanding of building products across a range of technology stacks. Every client and project is different. You may spend 2 months building a web-based Ruby/Rails app and then rotate onto a native iOS app with a Java/Spring GraphQL backend.
If you are passionate about full-stack software development, testing driving new features, and ruthlessly refactoring we’d love to chat!
The Bullet Points
- Experience building web applications with 2 or more languages / frameworks
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Pair programming experience a plus
- Desire to continuously learn and improve
- Focus on building software as a team, aligning your success with that of the team
- We are located in mHUB, every employee gets a full membership with access and complementary training on equipment like 3d Printers, CNC Routers, Laser Cutters and more.
- 100% coverage for BlueCross BlueShield Platinum HMO Health plan
- Additional options for PPO and HSA health plans
- Complimentary 30k Life Insurance Policy
- 401k matching
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Build what you want with 10% of time allocated for learning with our accrued "Focused Hours"