As a Software Engineer at MessageControl you’ll be building intelligent products to protect people from sophisticated email attacks. In this position, your software development expertise will assist in successfully building new features and improving our security products. Our transparent and collaborative culture means we work both independently and together as a team on projects in an agile environment. This role will include front-end, back-end, infrastructure and CI/CD.
- Build innovative new features and products to enhance email security for our customers.
- Optimize our platform for performance and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers and customers to develop new strategies for defending against email-based attacks.
- Work with the team to troubleshoot complex issues.
What you bring to the team:
- Ownership of all stages in the iterative development pipeline from design, to implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring and maintenance.
- Write secure, maintainable frontend and backend code.
- The ability to design fault tolerant systems so the team can move fast, without negatively impacting our customers.
- Comprehensive ability to troubleshoot and remediate complex issues.
- Curiosity about the techniques used in phishing/malicious email campaigns.
- A passion to stay on top of security trends, experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Ability to learn quickly in a loosely structured, rapidly changing work environment.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years professional software engineering experience.
- Experience with frontend development.
- You’ve previously worked at a startup or think you’ll enjoy working on many things you’ve never even seen before.
- Demonstrated software architecture and distributed systems experience.
- Strong knowledge of AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Bonus: Prior experience building cybersecurity products.
- Bonus: Machine learning experience in a production environment.
- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability.
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function.
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop.
- Onsite gym.
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment.
- The ability to have significant impact every day.
- This position is onsite at our office in the Chicago Loop. We're not offering remote employment at this time.