Software Engineer at Amper Technologies, Inc.
Amper is hiring a software engineer to help build powerful tools that give production managers insight and understanding into how their factories run.
As an engineer at Amper, you will be developing the interfaces and web-applications that help run the factories of the future. Our customers' needs are complex; we build interactive data visualizations, analytics tools, progressive web apps and interfaces for mobile devices and tablets. You'll help us work through new features and ideas and figure out the best way to implement them. As an early engineering hire, you’ll help define the engineering culture and processes that lay the foundation for future growth.What you’ll do
- Design and develop front-end interfaces in React/Redux. We really like these, but we're not shy about trying new things and picking the right tool for the job. Front end work with React will almost certainly be the biggest part of your day for the foreseeable future.
- In the not-too-distant future, pick up some back end work as well. You’ll create and extend APIs and microservices in Python. Again, we write a lot of python as a shop, but we’re always interested in picking the right tool for the job.
- Participate in product development and help us take ideas and turn them into tangible products. We’re still a small team, and we need to stay nimble. So, even as an engineer, you’ll need to bring critical thinking and user empathy along with coding ability. If a new feature might not meet the need we’re targeting, something’s been overlooked or we haven’t adequately optimized, you’ll take ownership of that and make sure we create the best possible end product.
- Keep things maintainable and scalable; write tested, readable code and deploy it often (every day, multiple times a day).
- Collect and understand user activity metrics to iterate upon existing customer experiences.
- Written production-ready UI code with React.
- Strong communication skills.
- Interest in driving UI and UX design.
- Experience with maintaining and improving large code bases.
- Familiarity with a server-side scripting language like Ruby or Python.