Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Job Title: Software Engineer – Java, DevOps
Slalom Chicago is seeking a Software Engineer with proven experience building enterprise-level applications. The individual in this role will work in project teams on various Cloud/DevOps projects, ranging from weeks to months in duration, delivering quality solutions to our clients.
• 3+ years’ experience building enterprise-level applications in a Java environment, including Maven, Spring and/or Tomcat
• Well-versed in various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, with an emphasis on Agile/Scrum
• Very knowledgeable in OOD and Design Patterns
• Ability and interest to quickly learn new skills and technologies
• Successful working both independently and as part of a team
• Experience with 1-2 of the following categories:
- Cloud native development on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Test automation (Cucumber, Selenium, Junit)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Ansible)
- Linux (RHEL, Git)
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.