Software Engineer at Paylocity
As a member of one of our product teams, this person will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders. Our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience.
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process.
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas.
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members.
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology.
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- Must be proficient in object-oriented design and development and unit-testing, Web Services, and web pages preferably in ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
- Should be familiar with Systems Architecture and developer tools
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
During the last three months, you would have:
- Built something that you are proud of
- Learned something that you are excited about
- Done the best work of your career so far
- Found innovative ways to increase the quality and velocity of your work
- Exercised creativity and solved cool problems
- Demonstrated passion for writing quality software
- Contributed to a shared code base
- Strengthened your team by sharing your knowledge and interests with others
- Built relationships and communicated with various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Analyzed and spearheaded improvements to the systems and software that are important to your team
- Managed risks, escalated priorities and helped to resolve issues that could impact production quality